Tonight’s post will be shorter because I want to leave you with some questions to reevaluate some things in your life. This idea was just laid on my heart. I titled this post Paths because we are all on a path of some sort. My path does not look like yours and vice versa. A dangerous outlook is comparison. What it all boils down to is, how are we utilizing the path that God created for us? I will admit that I have compared my path with other paths that my heart desired. For example, marriage and raising a family, traveling the world and having a certain type of lifestyle just to name a few. All that did was make me depressed, stagnant in every area of life, unhappy and miserable. I had to get to the point to where I was happy and content in both the good and the bad in my life. That only took place when I shifted my view from what I didn’t have to what I actually have right in front of me and within. One of the most awkward season that I went through was the season of moving back home, not having a job for some months and trying to find my place in church and home and with friends and family. But during that long season God was pruning me and molding me for this very moment as I’m preparing for my huge move to New York!! My path is tailor made just for me and God knows exactly why He chose me to carry it out. I do not have all of the answers to most of the questions that people ask me about my move. My one and only answer is God needs me there for an assignment. I honestly don’t know what it’s going to look like or what I will be doing BUT I will continue to watch God happen.
So here’s your questions for you to reflect on:
- What are you holding onto in this season that could be holding you back from getting to God’s path for you?
- Do you wish that your path was created differently?
- In a culture that prides itself on making a lot of money, do you get caught up in that sometimes?
- If God’s path for you included the very thing that you dislike the most, how would you approach your circumstances? (What would your attitude consist of)
- Does your current path fully represent Jesus? If not then what changes can be made to your path to match THE path made by God?
‘Til next time my loves!!!!!!