Brothers, I do not consider that I have made it my own. But one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead, I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.
This would be a great soul searching point to figure out what you are chasing after. Take some time to consult God to show you your heart ❤️. This will show you what you are truly chasing after in your life.
I will tell you that it’s not an easy pill to swallow IF what you’re chasing after things that are not in God’s will for your life. He will show you that your path is not the designed path that He created you to walk on. Trust me I have been on a path of obtaining everything that I wanted and thought would make me live a successful fulfilled life. Which left little room for God which was when I needed Him to come in a fix the hot mess of my life that I was creating. It wasn’t until I asked Him to show me the plan/path that He designed for me, that I actually felt joy, peace and guidance like no other. God had to completely shake up/detour my plans in order to unveil the once viewed as a road block that was under construction part of my path/life. View it as a new road that is new and less traveled with a mixture of beautiful scenery with some mysterious destinations that will become unveiled once you get to that location on your path. If you find yourself chasing after a career, a spouse, letters behind your name, fame, money etc. and you do not have God anywhere or He’s a very small part of your race, make Him first. I’m not saying that having all of those things is against God’s plan but if you didn’t seek Him first then it will all be in vain. Rememeber the Scripture that says only what we do for Christ will last. Those good works that were done out of self gratification and to show off for others will do us no good in heaven. It’s all about lining our priorities up with God’s priorities and not our own. He will show you your purpose IF you seek Him.
So I ask what are you chasing after in your life? The race was on the second you came into this world. We are all running our own race on different paths that hopefully ultimately lead to the greatest finish line of all times. I say hopefully because I pray that you all have accepted Christ as your personal savior so that you can cross that great finish line into eternity! 🏁🏁🏁🏁🏁🏁🏁🏁🏁🏁🏁🏁🏁🏁🏁🏁🏁
Here are some steps to running a purpose driven race: 🏃👟
1. Seek God first in everything you do at all times Matthew 6:33
2. Pray/talk to God as often as you talk to someone that is close to you.
3. Build your relationship with Him.
4. Ask yourself if what you are chasing after will be a testimony to others to show how wonderful God is.
5. Understand that you will be uncomfortable and there will be a lot of stretching you as a person to become who God created you to be.
6. Stay encouraged through the disappointments.
7. Remind yourself that you will only be on this side of heaven for a short time and only what you do for Christ will last. Heaven is full of blessings and rewards for the faithful believers.
‘TIL NEXT TIME MY LOVES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
♡Posted by Sweet Inspirations by Candyce♡